11+ Entrance Exams
See how we can help you with 11+ Entrance Exams
11+ Entrance Exams
To attend grammar schools, children must pass the entrance exams, commonly referred to as the ‘11-plus’. Areas which are tested in these exams include Verbal Reasoning, Maths and Non-verbal reasoning.
Our rigorous 11-plus curriculum is designed to develop student knowledge in these areas as well as enhancing exam technique. We offer parents detailed guidance and support throughout providing children every opportunity to pass these exams.
11+ Entrance Exams: The Ultimate Study Guide
In the United Kingdom, the 11+ entrance exam is a standardised test that children take in their final year of primary school to determine their suitability for entry into selective secondary schools. The 11+ entrance exam is designed to identify those children who are academically gifted and have the potential to excel in a more challenging academic environment. It’s important that your child is prepared for the 11+ entrance exam. Gaining access to grammar schools (many of which are government funded) can open many doors as well as opportunities for your child.
Key Topics in 11+ Entrance Exams
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-verbal reasoning
Tips for succeeding in 11+ entrance exams
- Understand the exam format: The 11+ exam is designed to test your knowledge in different subjects such as English, Maths, Verbal reasoning and Non-verbal reasoning.
- Start early: The 11+ exam covers a wide range of subjects, so it’s important to start preparing early. Ideally, you should start preparing at least two years before the exam. This is why our 11+ programme starts in year 4.
- Create a study plan: Plan your study schedule and stick to it. Make sure you allocate enough time to each subject and focus on your weaker areas.
- Get help: If you’re struggling with a particular subject, don’t be afraid to seek help. Talk to your teachers or consider getting a tutor to help you.
- Stay motivated: keep yourself motivated by setting achievable goals and rewarding yourself when you reach them. This will help you stay focused and motivated throughout your preparation.
Resources to help your child prepare for the 11+ exams
- Teachers: Ask your child’s teacher what topics your child is struggling with and how you can help them at home.
- Reading: It is widely agreed that a well-read child will perform better in the 11+ exams, particularly in verbal reasoning because they accumulate a wider vocabulary.
- Real world revision: Such as flash cards, mental math games involving money and general trivia.
What Others Say About Us
The centre was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision to choose Primus. For the last 12 months, my daughter attended the 11+ preparation sessions at the centre. We have been extremely pleased with the level of teaching and professionalism and dedication by the team providing the support to the children.
I can't recommend this Primus Tuition centre enough especially the individuals who run the centre. So professional and supportive, Yahya is always there to help. My daughter & son attended classes for GCSE's & 11+ preparation respectively. The tutors are highly experienced & are teaching at an outstanding level. The Science & Maths teachers are exemplary. Thank you Ben & Pedram!
Primus Tuition has helped my kids in preparing for 11+ and GCSCs, and my experience was great with the standard of education and guidance provided. They have experienced teachers. I recommend parents who are looking for good tuitions in this area.
My son attended the centre last year to help him with GCSE EXAMS and he achieved outstanding results . He was usually getting 4’s and 5’s but since he attended the tuition centre he managed to get 7’s in his exams. Thanks
A professional and dedicated team that provide an excellent educational service. Highly recommended.
A professional, high quality service run by two highly qualified and experienced individuals who know how to get the best from their students. My son has been there for three months, and since then, has received an award from school for doing well in Maths as well as coming top in his class in the Term One assessment. The price is excellent value for money, but the quality of the teaching is what makes me give Primus Education a big thumbs up.